Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's after 1a.m.

Here I sit, waiting for yet another phone call from Andrea - these three kids are lost, well have been lost, in NYC- then in Long Island - now they're lost near the Bear Mountain Bridge. I heard the toll taker there giving them directions back towards Monroe/Central Valley and I told Andrea to call me again when they get to Monroe. I KNOW they'll be able to make it home from there as long as they stay off of the back roads. Geez... All this trying to get home from the Meadowlands in East Rutherford from that damn concert.

These kids all think that they know what's best - they just know it all. Meanwhile, Andrea calls me crying on the phone from 10th Ave. in Manhattan -- I told them to head back up, make sure the street numbers were going up (they were on 13th and 10th) and to start watching for signs for 95 to get on the lower level of the GWB. Instead, they figured they knew best and got on 295 and ended up crossing the Throgs Neck into Long Island. ARGH! I'm tired - I want to go to sleep, but now I have to wait for them to get home because they're all hungry and she wants pizza, so I'll be getting dough ready soon.

Having hot tea, hoping a bit of caffeine will help keep me going.

No comments: