Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lax w/blog - busy otherwise!

First let me say that this is my tame blog. I have another where I rant and rave when I need to and that particular blog is private...

So, I've been spinning, and dyeing and going through many pounds of mill-end roving purchased from The Sheep Shed Studio... what gorgeous stuff! Hard to believe it's considered as ends! And as for dyeing - DAMN! Did I get some vibrant colors this time around. WOW! Bright pinks, yellows, oranges, deep blues, greens, reds and more! All roving in solids this time and I used acid dyes for all of it. Tomorrow I'll separate a bunch of white roving and try for pastels. Hmmm...

I listed our first batch of stuff for sale on Etsy this evening. Took all day to take and edit photos, re-skein yarn, figure out packaging and domestic postal rates. I still need to investigate international shipping. Should be easy for small packages containing only yarn and fiber, but the tools will be another matter. Odd shaped boxes, a bit weighty. We'll have it all in place soon.

A little while ago I received a message via Etsy from a woman that runs
yarny-goodness.com asking me if I'd like to join the site as a vendor. Very nice to be considered - I'm flattered. I'll be contacting her to get an outline of how things work before I even consider committing. It does sound quite interesting and she and her husband are putting a lot of work into it.

My hubby has been quite occupied as well. He cut PVC for use in making niddy noddies (look it up), and tried to make
hackles (look that up, too! ;))with pine... I KNEW that the wood would split when he tried to put the entire line of nails in but, as usual, I kept my opinion to myself because it would have done no good to try to convince him. So, he's back to using red oak, which is considerably more expensive. We'll just have to reconsider our price on the hackles. He's also intent on building a Saxony Wheel now! Of course, the drum carder comes first and that is so very close to being ready. As soon as he has it assembled and we see that it will work we'll then make the phone call to order the carding cloth. That stuff is so expensive - it would be a horrible waste if we were to buy it before being certain that his drum carder design is going to be fully functional. Of course, I really have no doubt - he does figure everything out with time! That's my man for ya. ;)

Looks like a dental trip (multiple trips) is in my very near future. I have an incisor going bad and the pain is starting to get really irritating. Funny - I've had toothaches before but always a molar. This one is quite different - more aggravating - so I'll be going dental sooner than later.

The shawl is dragging along. I've had so damn much going on that I barely have time to get to it. I started working it this morning but had to nap for a bit. The Hep C has been dragging me down recently as well. When my body tells me to nap, I absolutely have to nap! When I got up I had to re-skein 6 hanks of yarn and then took over 100 photos of the stuff we listed on Etsy and then spent several hours doing photo editing. Time just flew by and before I knew it 7:30 had dropped on me and we hadn't even had dinner!

Time to lock these blasted dogs up. They're raising total hell and it's almost 1am! Hubby is already sleeping, so no audio book for me tonight. Have to get out the 'little book light' and read myself to sleep.

Night all ...

No comments: